Ehud heads Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Corporate and Securities Department, which has earned a reputation as a leading department in its field in Israel.
Throughout his years with Herzog Fox & Neeman, Ehud has led and managed several of the most ground-breaking M&A transactions and corporate restructurings in the Israeli market and has taken part in significant and notable international transactions.
As one of the most creative minds in Israel’s corporate legal market, Ehud is renowned for his ability to navigate and lead complex transactions. Ehud is recognised among all publications as a leader in his fields and has close relations with Israeli financial regulators. Ehud’s clients include leading international and Israeli investors and corporations. Ehud also has expertise in privatisation processes, and over the years has been part of significant privatisations and structural changes of governmental companies.
As the head of the department, Ehud has led major transactions over the past years, including the ground-breaking reverse triangular merger pursuant to which NVIDIA Corporation acquired Mellanox, one of Israel’s largest publicly-traded companies on the Nasdaq, for approximately USD 7 billion.
Ehud’s experience includes, among others, the following transactions:
- Advised Mellanox, in the approximately USD 7 billion reverse triangular merger for the sale of 100% of its equity stake to NVIDIA. In addition, Ehud advised Mellanox with respect to corporate governance matters related to its proxy fight with Starboard. Ehud also advised NVIDIA and Mellanox in the acquisition of Cumulus Networks, which was structured as a merger, resulting in Cumulus becoming part of Nvidia‘s networking business unit formed with the Mellanox acquisition by NVIDIA.
- Advised Dayan family, in separate transactions entered into with Citibank and Delek Group, for the USD 60 million purchase, from Citibank (in its capacity as security trustee) of participation units in Delek Drilling which were pledged towards the Bank, following the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis and the drop in the prices of oil and natural gas which triggered Citibank‘s decision to exercise the pledge over the participation units. Ehud also advised the Dayan family in the subsequent settlement agreement with Delek Group which included the sale of a portion of the purchased participation units back to Delek Group. This complex transaction, required negotiations with multiple parties and the approval of the Tel-Aviv District Court.
- Advised Mr. David Wertheim, one of Israel’s leading industrialists and business leaders, who indirectly holds several companies including Coca-Cola Israel and Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank, the fourth largest bank in Israel, in the NIS 1.125 billion series of transactions for the sale of 9.8%, and later an additional 4.3%, of his controlling interest in Alony Hetz Properties & Investments Ltd. one of the major real estate investment companies in Israel traded on TASE. The sale of Wertheim’s controlling interest in Alony Hetz enabled the receipt of a permit to control Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank, taking into consideration Wertheim’s unique circumstances under the Israeli Anti-Concentration Law, which bars the simultaneous control in a major financial entity (i.e. Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank) and a major “real” (non-financial) entity, such as Alony Hetz.
- Acts as receiver for some of the controlling stake in Partner Communications Company Ltd., a leading Israeli telecommunications services provider traded on Nasdaq and TASE. The District Court of Tel Aviv appointed him as a receiver following the filing of a motion requesting such appointment by the multinational Hutchison conglomerate.
- Advised Apollo Global Management, LLC and its subsidiaries, one of the world’s leading alternative investment funds, in multiple transactions for the purchase of approximately 32% of the equity stake in A.D.O. Group Ltd., an Israeli public company engaged in in the business of real estate in Germany. In addition, he advised Apollo as the largest shareholder of A.D.O. with respect to a going private transaction of A.D.O., in which Adler Real Estate AG purchased 100% of the shares in A.D.O. for total consideration of approximately EUR 708 million.
- Advised French international Solabia Group, backed by TA Partners, LLC, in the acquisition of 80% of the equity stake in the Israeli Algae start-up, Algatechnologies Ltd.
“He is very respected. His practical and holistic approach gets the desired result each time”
“Highly professional, very dedicated, creative and efficient. A winner”
- Israel Bar Association, 1986
- Tel Aviv University, Israel, LL.B (cum laude)
- Cyber Attacks – Prevention and Coping : Not a Question of If But When
- Herzog Fox & Neeman – most esteemed Israel M&A Legal Adviser of 2019 by Mergermarket
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Apollo Global Management
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Advises Mellanox Technologies in Acquisition by NVIDIA
- Chambers 2019 | Herzog Fox & Neeman Ranked Band-1 in 8 Practice Areas!
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented Indorama Ventures PCL in Its Acquisition of a Controlling Stake in Avgol Industries 1953 Ltd.
- Mellanox and Starboard Reach Agreement on Board Structure
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents IEC in Multi-Billion Dollar Reform of Israel’s Electricity Sector
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked 1st by Value in Mergermarket’s Israel League Table for 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked by the IFLR 1000 2021 Guide (30 Edition)
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Crowned Israel’s M&A Legal Adviser of the Year 2019 by Mergermarket
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2020 Guide
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2019
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2019
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2019 Guide
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2018 Guide
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2017
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2017
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked by the IFLR 1000 2017 Guide
- Market Leader (IFLR 1000 2021).
- Leading Individual in Capital Markets and Commercial, Corporate and M&A (The Legal 500 2020).
- Band 2 in Corporate/M&A and Band 3 in Capital Markets (Chambers Global 2020).
- Market Leader (IFLR 1000 2020).
- Recommended in Corporate Governance (Who's Who Legal 2020).
- Accepted the award Israel’s M&A Legal Adviser of the Year for the firm (Mergermarket 2019).
- Leading Individual in Capital Markets and Commercial, Corporate and M&A (The Legal 500 2019).
- Band 2 in Corporate/M&A and Capital Markets (Chambers Global for 2019).
- Market Leader (IFLR 1000 2019).
- Recommended in Litigation (Who's Who Legal 2019).
- Ranked in Capital Markets (The Legal 500 2018).
- Band 2 in Corporate/M&A and Capital Markets (Chambers Global 2018).
- Market Leader (IFLR 1000 2018).
- Ranked in Capital Markets (The Legal 500 2017).
- Band 2 in Corporate/M&A and Band 3 in Capital Markets (Chambers Global for 2017).
- Market Leader (IFLR 1000 2017).