Our Project Finance department has been at the forefront of the project development and finance market in Israel since the first projects began in the mid-1990’s. Since then, our team has led the way in advising on infrastructure projects in a wide range of sectors – roads, railways, energy, desalination, oil and gas and others.
Our department's unique edge is its extensive experience in advising all the key players in the financing of major projects, including sponsors, concessionaires, lenders and public authorities. This experience gives us the understanding we need to provide clients with creative solutions needed for complex and challenging projects.
Based on our experience and our ability to help clients achieve their goals, we are habitually recognized as the leading project development and finance practice in Israel by international and domestic legal directories.
As part of our work, we advise clients on all aspects of project development and financing, including:
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting financing agreements, including loan and credit facility agreements and security documents;
- Preparing and negotiating project agreements, including concession contracts, construction agreements (EPC Contracts), and operating and maintenance agreements;
- Drafting Power Purchase Agreements and advising private power producers and customers in relation to power and other industrial services (e.g. steam, flue gas, etc.) sale and purchase agreements;
- Drafting consortium agreements among entrepreneurs;
- Advising developers on the all stages of project development, from land acquisition through to construction and operation;
- Advising on preparing pre-qualification submissions and bids in tenders for BOT/PFI/PPP projects;
- Advising tender committees on structuring and drafting tenders for BOT/PFI/PPP projects;
- Advising on environmental and regulatory compliance and licensing issues and assistance with obtaining the necessary approvals and permits;
- Advising on real estate issues related to infrastructure projects.
In the energy sector, we have advised lenders, sponsors and developers on the development of almost all of the large scale independent power plants in Israel, using conventional, cogeneration, PV, solar thermal, pumped storage and wind technology.
Our Project Finance team has also been involved in all of the desalination projects in Israel, acting for the water utility company, lenders or developers.
In the oil and gas sector, we have been involved in the development and financing of the natural gas discoveries in Israel’s territorial waters. We have advised petroleum licence-holders and operators as well as local and international financial institutions on financing the developments of petroleum discoveries. Our work in the energy sector also includes advising clients on multiple large scale Gas Sale and Purchase Agreements (GSPAs) and the commercial and regulatory issues raised by these complex agreements.
Our team also specializes in advising buyers and sellers on M&A transactions involving infrastructure projects and similar assets, such as power plants.