Daniel is a member of the firm’s Capital Markets and Securities Department.
Daniel advises on a broad range of both traditional and innovative financial activities. He has significant experience in advising global financial institutions on how to operate in Israel without triggering licensing and registration requirements. Daniel’s fields of expertise include:
– The registration and listing of global collective investment schemes in Israel (registering mutual funds for public offering and cross-listing ETFs on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange);
– Clearing and trading activity in securities, derivatives and other financial instruments – Daniel is particularly known for his deep familiarity with the rules and activity of the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange and its Clearing House. He advises exchanges, clearing houses, depository banks, custodians, fund administrators, brokers and clearing firms, as well as trading firms and innovative clearing and trading initiatives.
– Private placement of financial products;
– Wealth management, private banking, and investment banking activities, such as investment advising, discretionary portfolio management, distribution of financial products, underwriting, deposits taking and extension of credit.
Teaching Assistant, Tal-Aviv University, Aug 2015 – Oct 2017 - Teaching assistant of Prof. Yitzhak Benbaji in two courses on moral and political philosophy, philosophy of economics, philosophy of law and jurisprudence.
Research Assistant, Tel-Aviv University, Oct 2014 – Oct 2016 - Research assistant of Dr. Shay Lavie in several fields of law and economics.
Assistant Editor in the Tel Aviv University Law Review (Iyunei Mishpat), Oct 2014 – Oct 2016
In 2017, Daniel took part in the first ever registration of UCITS in Israel.
In 2019, Daniel played a significant role in setting the grounds for the first ever cross listing of global ETFs on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange, and in the subsequent cross listing of 23 iShares ETFs thereon.
In recent years, Daniel took part in the representation of some of the world's largest financial institutions vis-a-vis the Israel Securities Authority. This included representing such institutions' interests with respect to significant regulatory developments, advocating for their innovative capital markets' products and services, and applying for the newly required permits and licenses.
- Proposal to amend the Rules applicable to compensation for research papers
- Congratulations to our client, EJF Acquisition Corp., on the largest Israeli SPAC transaction to date!
- A new international asset manager is coming to Tel Aviv….
- The ISA published a short guide which summarises the basic registration and ongoing requirements that apply to “Foreign Underwriters”
- Proud to contribute again to a Global Legal Group’s International Comparative Legal Guide
- Global Funds Regulation | Additional Exchanges for “Dual-Listing” of ETFs
- Where Do We Go From Here? | BlackRock’s Macro Forecasts of the Financial Sectors | Live Webinar
- Securitization | Public Offerings of Asset-Backed Bonds
- Client Update | Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Launches Exchanged Traded Fund Listing Rules (ETF)
- Client Update | The Brokerage Market is Under Supervision: General Permit Conditions under Section 49A