Aviram Hazak is a member of the Corporate and Securities Department. Aviram focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, venture capital, activist defense, corporate governance and general corporate matters. Aviram has advised clients in Israel, the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia on a range of corporate matters, with an emphasis on their cross-border mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs, joint ventures and minority investment transactions.
Aviram has also been highly involved in the general representation of a number of privately held and publicly-traded companies, with substantial experience across a wide range of industries including technology, financial services, telecommunications, entertainment, aerospace, power, oil and gas, educational services, healthcare, consumer products and manufacturing companies.
Aviram’s notable transactions include:
- Advising Pepsico in the $3.2 billion acquisition of SodaStream
- Advising Mellanox in its successful shareholder activism defense campaign against Starboard Value
- Advising Oaktree Management in a NIS1 billion sale of Veridis Israel to Delek Automotive
- Advising SES, S.A. in its $250 million acquisition of RR Media
- Advising Sygnia in its $250 million sale to Temasek
- Advising Tapingo in its $150 million sale to Grubhub
- Advising Alooma in its $120 million sale to Google
- Advising Sun Corporation in a $110 million investment by IGP into Cellebrite
- Advising Senior Management of Sintec Media in its acquisition of Sintec Media together with Francisco Partners
- Advising International Flavors & Fragrances in its $100 million acquisition of Aromor
- Advising Checkmarx in a $100 million majority stake sale to Insight Venture Partners
- Advising Clal Industries in its $342 million going private transaction with its controlling shareholder Access Industries
- Advising Oldford Group Limited (“Pokerstars”) and its controlling shareholders in connection with its sale for a total consideration of US$4.9 billion to Amaya Gaming
Prior to joining Herzog Fox & Neeman, Aviram practiced corporate law for seven years with Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (based for four years at the firm’s New York office and for three years at the firm’s London office).
During his practice with Paul Weiss, Aviram gained extensive experience representing top strategic, private equity and hedge fund clients on an array of public and private, US domestic and cross-border, merger and acquisition transactions, including negotiated and contested acquisitions and divestitures, minority investments and carve-out transactions.
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, 2005-2012, Associate
- Israel Bar Association, 2001
- New York, 2003
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, LL.M, 2002
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, LL.B, 2000
- Congratulations to our Japanese client SUNCORPORATION for the transaction of its Israeli subsidiary Cellebrite
- Our client, the Israeli start-up retrain.ai, has raised $9M in a Series A funding round
- Maple & Honey Forum Webinar | Canadian SPACs and IPOs for Israeli Tech Companies
- Investing In… Israel 2021 | Exclusive Overview by Aviram Hazak and Daniel Reisner
- Our client D1 Capital Partners, led a $208 million B funding round
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones): Applications and Investment and Collaboration Opportunities between Canada and Israel
- Remote Health Solutions: Sales and Investment in Canada and Israel
- Team8’s Sygnia bought by Singaporean Temasek
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Tapingo in Sale to Grubhub
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents PepsiCo in SodaStream Acquisition
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Oaktree in NIS 992 Million Sale to Delek Auto
- Mellanox and Starboard Reach Agreement on Board Structure
- Highly Regarded (IFLR1000, 2021).