Dan is Sharot a partner in the firm’s Hi-Tech Department and focuses on technology transactions. Dan has broad experience in licensing for life sciences and technology companies, intellectual property acquisitions and other intellectual property development and partnering transactions.
Dan structures and negotiates technology transactions, including software and technology license agreements, patent license agreements for life science companies, strategic alliances, cloud-based/SaaS agreements, internet related transactions, OEM agreements, supply, distribution, sales representative and other supply-side agreements for medical device, telecommunications and software products. In addition, Dan has experience in cross-border joint ventures and investments in companies at all phases of their development.
Dan has also developed expertise in university and hospital spin-offs, and acts for companies, research institutes and leading scientists on all aspects of these transactions.
Prior to joining Herzog Fox & Neeman, Dan worked in London for several years as a corporate and commercial solicitor.
Dan is consistently recognized as a leading technology transactions and life science lawyer by The Legal 500 and is ranked by IAM Patent 1000 among the top IP transactions practitioners in Israel, who described him as “an incredibly sharp practitioner and a very hard worker”.
- Country: England
- Year: 2005
- Country: Israel
- Year: 2003
- Tel Aviv University, LLB (magna cum laude), 2002
- •Tel Aviv University,BA (Political Science), (magna cum laude), 2002
- • London School of Economics, LLM (graduated with merit), 2004
Entera Bio, Israeli biopharmaceutical company, in a $270 million research collaboration and licensing agreement deal with Amgen Inc.
AlphaOmega, creators and manufacturers of brain-stimulation devices for surgery in a Joint Venture in China with GIBF (Guangzhou Sino-Israel Biotech Investment Fund).
Minute Media, founder of the global soccer network “90min”, in a joint venture with ProSiebenSat.1 Group for the development and expansion of the 90min platform in the DACH region.
Merck Ventures in its investment in an Israeli cancer metabolism company Metabomed.
Merck Ventures in the submission of a successful bid in a tender of the Israeli Innovation to establish an innovation lab in the area of performance material. Ongoing representation of the innovation lab in its establishment and cooperation with start-ups submitted to the innovation lab.
- Congratulations to our client Minute Media on its acquisition of Wazimo
- Congratulations to our client Autobrains, for raising $101 million in Series C funding
- Our client, Kitov Systems, signed a collaboration agreement with Mitutoyo Corporation
- Our Client TelCann LTD, has signed a substantial agreement with Canonic.
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents AlphaOmega in JV with GIBF
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Entera Bio in $270m Amgen Licensing Deal
- Client Update | New Regulation on the Use of Health Data for Research and Commercial Purposes
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Minute Media, Founder of Soccer Network 90min in Their Expansion
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked by the IFLR 1000 2021 Guide (30 Edition)
- IAM Patent 2020 Rankings
- IAM Patent 2019 Rankings
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2020 Guide
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2019 Guide
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Ranked in IP Stars for 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2018 Guide
- Recommended Lawyer in Healthcare & Life Sciences (The Legal 500 2022).
- Notable Practitioner (IFLR1000, 2021).
- Notable Practitioner (IFLR1000, 2020).
- Notable Practitioner (IFLR1000, 2019).
- Recommended (IAM Patent 2021)
- Recommended (IAM Patent 2020)
- Recommended (IAM Patent 2019)