Ran Hai Co-Heads the Corporate and Securities department. Ran has substantial experience in all aspects of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, investment and joint venture transactions. He has advised on several of the largest M&A and corporate transactions to take place in Israel in recent years, involving both local and major foreign companies, including multi-nationals.
Ran also represents on a regular basis some of the largest private equity and venture capital funds in their portfolio investments and provides ongoing corporate and transactional advice to a number of the firm’s leading clients.
Ran was recognized as a leading practitioner for his M&A and private-equity work by Chambers and Partners, Legal500 and the International Financial Law Review (IFLR).
Ran previously worked in the corporate department at the London offices of Freshfields, Bruckhaus, Deringer, where his practice focused on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and private-equity transactions.
- Israel Bar Association, 2002
- Tel Aviv University, Israel, LL.B (cum laude) 2001
Representing Pokerstars and its shareholders in the sale of Pokerstars to Amaya for $4.9 billion.
Representing SBTech in its 3 way merger with Draftkings and a SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) traded on Nasdaq, based on a pre-money valuation of $2.7 billion.
Representing Superbet in Blackstone's Euro 175 million strategic investment in the company.
Representing Apax Partners and the the AMI Fund in a few of their transactions in Israel (including in the acquisitions of Psagot, Go Global, Ten Petroleum, Max Stock, etc.).
Representing ED&F Man in its sale of Sugat Industries (the owner of the no.1 brand in Israel for sugar, rice and lentils) to Salt of the Earth (a company controlled by Fortissimo).
Representing many PE Funds in their Israeli M&A activity (including Fosun in the acquisition of AHAVA, Centerbridge in their bid for Leumi Card, etc.).
Representing gaming clients in their outbound M&A activity (e.g.- representing NeoGames in William Hill's investment in them).
- Our client Plus500 is making its foray into the U.S. futures and options market
- We Represented the AMI Fund in the Sale of ZAP Group
- Our firm represented TWC Tech Holdings II Corp in its merger with Cellebrite
- Going Public in the US by Merging into a SPAC: Weighing the Pros and Cons
- Glad to assist the new partnership between our clients, the shareholders of Manor Medical, and Danel Group
- Partners Ran Hai and Erez Abu, explain to Globes about the opportunity in SPAC
- “The global M&A market may be more intensive in 2020 than it was in 2019” Partner Ran Hai shares his opinion at 2019 M&A year review
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented SBTech, Provider of Online Sports Betting and Gaming Platforms, in a 3-way Business Combination Transaction
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Superbet in an Investment by Blackstone
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Hapoel Beer Sheva in Negotiations with Atletico Madrid
- Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Ran Hai and Hanan Haviv at Mergermarket’s 2018 M&A and Private Equity Forum
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented Ami Fund in Its Acquisition of 80% of Go Global Travel Ltd.
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2021
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2021
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked 1st by Value in Mergermarket’s Israel League Table for 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked by the IFLR 1000 2021 Guide (30 Edition)
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2020 Guide
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2019 Guide
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2018 Guide
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked by the IFLR 1000 2017 Guide
- Leading Individual in Commercial, Corporate and M&A (Legal 500 2021).
- Highly Regarded (IFLR1000, 2021).
- Band 4 in Corporate/M&A (Chambers 2021).