Indirect Taxes, Customs & International Trade
Herzog Fox & Neeman's Indirect Taxes, Customs & International Trade Practice affords its clients a wealth of experience and expertise in the field of VAT, excise and purchase tax customs, purchase tax and VAT on imported goods as well as import/export procedures for commercial and personal trade.
The firm accompanies its clients through all aspects of import tax and trade procedures, whether it be tax rates, rebates, drawbacks or exemptions. Senior members of the firm’s licensing fields, including for example experts in the health and communication fields, guide Herzog Fox & Neeman’s clients with respect to various aspects of illegal imports. In addition, the department has significant expertise in the licensing aspects of customs agents and bonded warehouses, Duty Free, import/export procedures, conditional exemption, temporary import and drawbacks for local industry. The department also assists in all aspects of the personal import of goods.
The department also provides advice regarding excise, to oil companies and other bodies entitled to exemptions or rebates, in addition to providing assistance in the implementation of the provisions of petroleum laws and solar arrangements.
The department advises its clients on purchase tax, imposed primarily on alcohol, tobacco and cigarettes as well as on automotive replacement parts.
In addition, the team oversees the following:
- Assistance in import/export procedures, import for re-export, drawbacks on raw materials for export
- Legal advice in determining tax rates, determining value for customs etc.
- Appeals on deficits and submissions of claims to the court in conjunction with the firm's litigation experts
- Registration of manufacturers for excise in the gas field
- Obtaining approvals as registered traders for exemptions or rejection of purchase tax payments
- Obtaining licences for bonded warehouses and customs agents
- Assistance in the seizure and confiscation of goods
- Explanation of rights afforded to returning residents, new immigrants and tourists on their entry to Israel
Indirect Taxes, Customs & International Trade News & Insights
Corporate Tax, Employee Tax Benefits, Gaming, Indirect Taxes, Customs & International Trade, International Tax Planning, Internet & E-commerce, Investment Funds & Private Equity, Private Clients, Trusts & Estates, Tax, Tax Controversy – Disputes & Litigation, Transfer Pricing, Value Added Tax (VAT)
We will be glad to assist you. Please fill in the following form
* required field