Liat Maidler is a member of Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Banking & Finance Department.
Liat specialises in representing major financial entities and individual clients worldwide in connection with financial regulation, compliance, corporate governance and licensing processes in Israel, including investment advisers, investment marketers, portfolio managers, Broker-Dealer and web platform activities, Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange membership (TASE), clearing activities, securities offering and initial coin offerings (ICOs).
Liat’s work includes drafting legal opinions related to complex legal and compliance issues; designing, counseling and implementing comprehensive compliance manuals for major banks and investment houses (domestic and international); representing companies and individuals before the Israel Securities Authority (ISA) and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange; assisting securities firms financial entities with obtaining various licenses from the ISA to enable them to operate as investment advisers, investment marketers or portfolio managers and advising leading international asset managers in the process of registering foreign funds in Israel.
Prior to joining Herzog Fox & Neeman, Liat worked as Legal Advisor at the Israel Securities Authority (ISA).
Capital Markets Associate, Meitar Liquornik Geva Leshem Tal, Israel, 2011-2013
- Clerk and Advocate, Israel Securities Authority, 2008-2011
- Israel Bar Association, 2009
- Haifa University, Israel, LL.M, 2008
- The Interdisciplinary Center (IDC), Herzliya, Israel, LL.B and BA (Government), 2005
- New business opportunities for ETFs in Israel
- Proposal to amend the Rules applicable to compensation for research papers
- Congratulations to our client, EJF Acquisition Corp., on the largest Israeli SPAC transaction to date!
- The Committees on Digital Asset Trading and Clearing Settlement Platforms and Supervised Investments in Digital Asset
- A new international asset manager is coming to Tel Aviv….
- The ISA published a short guide which summarises the basic registration and ongoing requirements that apply to “Foreign Underwriters”
- Bill to regulate the activities of Fintech Companies in Israel
- Provision of brokerage services by UK firms to clients in Israel post Brexit
- Proud to contribute again to a Global Legal Group’s International Comparative Legal Guide
- Global Funds Regulation | Additional Exchanges for “Dual-Listing” of ETFs
- The Ministry of Finance is signaling that it is ready to regulate broker-dealers in Israel.
- Draft Law for Regulation of Broker Dealer Activity in Israel
- What are “Alternative Trading Systems” and “Dark Pools” and is this the time for them to exist in Israel?
- Designated Stock Exchange
- Where Do We Go From Here? | BlackRock’s Macro Forecasts of the Financial Sectors | Live Webinar
- Securitization | Public Offerings of Asset-Backed Bonds
- CME + The Economics of Pandemic Recovery
- Client Update | Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Launches Exchanged Traded Fund Listing Rules (ETF)
- Client Update | The Brokerage Market is Under Supervision: General Permit Conditions under Section 49A
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Proud of another Successful Registration of a Foreign Fund in Israel
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Pleased to Announce the Appointment of 15 New Partners | 2018