Rafael Herbst is a Foreign Legal Consultant at Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Silicon Valley Representative Office in Palo Alto. Rafael has extensive experience representing VC’s, startups, entrepreneurs, investors and mature companies within the Hi-Tech industry. His Hi-Tech expertise in both Israeli and the US, positions Rafael as a unique bridge between the two ecosystems.
Rafael focuses his practice on providing ongoing corporate consulting to start-ups and mature technology companies on the commercial aspects of their activities, as well as overseeing their day-to-day operations and advising on corporate governance matters. In Rafael’s M&A experience, he has represented large multinationals and mature companies in their acquisitions in Israel, as well as startups in their exit transactions. His startup clients, which he represents through all stages of the corporate life-cycle, from pre-incorporation planning through seed and venture capital financings, to mergers and acquisitions, span many sectors including biomed, software and e-commerce. In his practice, Rafael also has extensive experience in working with accelerators and technology hubs.
Additionally, Rafael accompanies clients through a broad spectrum of financing transactions, including debt and equity transactions and venture lending.
Prior to joining Herzog Fox & Neeman, Rafael received an LL.B from Hebrew University [manga cum laude], as well as his MBA. During his studies, he served as the Editor-in-Chief for Hebrew University’s Law Review, “Mishpatim” and completed his pre-internship at the Ministry of Justice, Legal Counsel and Legislation (Economics and Tax). Following which, Rafael clerked at the Supreme Court of Israel for Supreme Court Justice A. Levi.
Pre-internship at the Ministry of Justice, Legal Counsel and Legislation (Economics and Tax).
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Mishpatim" Law Review Editor-in-Chief, 2009.
- Clerk for Supreme Court Justice A. Levi, Supreme Court of Israel, 2010.
- Israel Bar Association, 2011
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, MBA, 2012
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, LL.B (magna cum laude), 2010
- Congratulations to our client Minute Media on its acquisition of Wazimo
- Papaya Global has completed another funding round, led by our client Scale Ventures
- We are proud to take part in another Israeli exit.
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented Sisense
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Advises Linse Capital Through Investment in Valens
- Recommended Lawyer in Hi-Tech and Start-Ups (The Legal 500 2022)