Limor Shechter specializes in the fields of Infrastructure & Energy Projects and Project Finance. Limor’s practice covers a large variety of industries in various project structures including PPP (Public-Private Partnership) infrastructure projects (BOT/BOO/PFI) and has particular expertise in renewable energy and natural resources, social infrastructure, project finance transactions and public tenders and government contracts. Limor regularly advises international and local entities including lenders (banks and other financial institutions), sponsors, borrowers, concessionaires, bidding groups and the public sector in the development, financing, refinancing, construction and operation of infrastructure and energy projects.
Limor has extensive experience and has been involved in the representation of some of the largest and challenging projects in the Israeli market in recent years.
Representation of a syndicate of senior lenders led by Bank Hapoalim B.M. on the approximately NIS 1.4 billion financing of a 396 MW power plant fueled by natural gas in the P'lugot junction area under construction by Zomet Energy Ltd., owned by OPC Energy Ltd.
- Representation of several financial institutions on the financing and refinancing of different photovoltaic power plants.
- Representation of Ashalim Sun PV Ltd., owned by EDF Renewables and Clal Industries Ltd., on wining the PPP tender published by the Government of Israel for the design, finance, construction, operation and maintenance of the 30 MW photovoltaic power plant in the Ashalim area and also representation on the financing, construction, operation and maintenance of the project, which was the first photovoltaic project in Israel using the BOT mechanism.
- Representation of different entities owned by the public company Meshek Energy Ltd. (which is owned by the economic organization of the Kibbutzim and the moshav agriculture cooperatives), on the financing of different photovoltaic power plants including the milestone project in Tarabin, a Beduin village in the Negev area.
- Representation of the concessionaire, owned by Africa Israel Ltd. and Shikun&Binui Ltd., winning the PPP tender published by the Ministry of Defence, on the approximately NIS 1.5 billion financing of the IDF Technological Base (Kiryat Ha'tikshuv) near Beer Sheva BOT project
- Representation of Assuta Ashdod Ltd., owned by Assuta Medical Centers and Maccabi Healthcare Services, on winning the PPP tender published by the Government of Israel for the design, finance, construction, operation and maintenance of the new advanced general public hospital in the city of Ashdod, and also representation on the financing, construction, operation and maintenance of the project, which is the first public hospital project in Israel using the BOO mechanism.
- Representation of Assuta Medical Centers, owned by Maccabi Healthcare Services, Israel's largest and leading private hospital and medical services centers, in different finance transactions.
- Representation of Bar Ilan University, one of Israel's leading institution of higher education, in the PPP tender for the design, finance, construction, operation and maintenance of the new dormitories and commercial center in the University, which is one of the largest dormitories project in Israel using the BOT mechanism.
- Israel Bar Association, 2007
- Tel Aviv University (in collaboration with University of California, Berkeley, USA), LL.M (Commercial Law) 2018 (magna cum laude)
- Tel Aviv University, Israel, LL.B, 2006
- Tel Aviv University, Israel, BA (Film and Television), 2006
- Highly Regarded (IFLR1000, 2021).