Yehoshua Shohat Gurtler
Yehoshua Shohat Gurtler is a member of Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Gaming Department, advising clients on a range of issues related to the laws of online gaming, concentrating primarily on matters pertaining to regulation, licensing and litigation. In addition, Yehoshua advises clients on other aspects pertaining to the regulation and licensing of e-commerce, with a specific focus on Forex and derivatives trading.
Following extensive service in the IDF’s Military Advocate General’s Corp (MAG), Yehoshua advises and represents clients on homeland security and defence-related issues, advises clients on issues pertaining to public international law and acts for clients in proceedings raising issues of public international law.
Legal Assistant to the Military Advocate General, Major General Avichai Mandelblit, 2007 – 2009. As legal assistant to the Military Advocate General, Yehoshua dealt with all legal fields relevant to the IDF – Criminal Law, Constitutional and Administrative Law, Civil Law and International Law. He prepared legal documents and opinions for the highest levels of Israel's security and legal administration, dealt with petitions to Israel's High Court of Justice on security matters, advised decision-makers in the highest echelons of the IDF chain-of-command on legal matters, and represented the IDF in assorted Israeli and international forums. Israel Defense Forces, International Law Department, 2003 – 2007. Amongst his assorted roles in the International Law Department, Yehoshua provided legal advice in the fields of operational law and the laws of armed conflict; served as Legal Advisor to Israeli delegations to international negotiations with neighboring states, international forces and the United Nations; provided legal advice relating to the IDF's strategic ties and security cooperation endeavours and provided legal advice on diplomatic and consular law and on maritime and airspace law. Military Prosecutor, Military Prosecution for Judea and Samaria, 2002 – 2003.
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, 2000–2001, Research Assistant to Prof. Israel Gilad, Dean of the Law Faculty
- Israel Bar Association, 2004
- Tel Aviv University, Israel, LL.M, 2008
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, LL.B (magna cum laude), 2002
- New ITA Ruling: Tax Benefits for Online Gaming Companies
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented SBTech, Provider of Online Sports Betting and Gaming Platforms, in a 3-way Business Combination Transaction
- Chambers 2019 | Herzog Fox & Neeman Ranked Band-1 in 8 Practice Areas!
- 29.01.19 | Security and Asset-Based Tokens – Where Crypto is Today
- Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Yehoshua Gurtler Among 30 Leading LGBTQ Jurists in Israel
- Chambers Gaming, Gambling & Licensing Guide 2018 | Law & Practice Chapter by Meir Linzen and Yehoshua Shohat Gurtler
- ICLG 2018 Gambling Chapter | Yehoshua Shohat Gurtler
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented Aspire Global in Its Initial Public Offering and Listing of Its Shares on Nasdaq First North