Liran Barak heads the firm’s Gaming Regulatory Practice, specializing in the area of gambling law. Liran advises clients on a wide range of issues related to the laws of online gaming and gambling, with a focus on matters pertaining to regulation, licensing, M&A, ongoing compliance and litigation.
In his work Liran helps clients devise a global outlook for operations, advises on market access strategies, leads licensing processes and provides risk analysis and regulatory compliance counseling in light of changing regulatory trends.
Liran has successful licensing experience in over 25 jurisdictions worldwide, leading licensing applications as well as representing the firm’s clients in their discussions with regulators.
In his various roles, Liran has gained extensive experience in legal advice in the areas of international, administrative and civil law, along with experience in criminal and administrative litigation.
- Israel bar Association, 2009
- Chambers Gaming Law 2021 | Partner Liran Barak writes about the approach towards gambling in Israel
- Our client Aspire Global has signed an agreement to sell its B2C segment to Esports Technologies.
- Our client 888 Holdings has acquired William Hill International
- Our client Superbet signed an agreement to acquire Napoleon Games Group
- Our client 888 has entered into a license agreement to use the Sports Illustrated brand
- Ahead of the Game | Partner Liran Barak’s Contribution to the 2020 Chambers Global Practice Guide
- Partner Liran Barak’s Contribution to the International Comparative Legal Guide – Gambling 2021
- Partner Liran Barak created a thorough review for The Law Reviews (TLR)
- Game of Laws| Partner Liran Barak’s contribution to the 2019 Chambers Global Practice Guide on Gaming is worth sharing
- Want to Play Without Breaking the Rules? Liran Barak Will Teach You How
- ‘Gaming in Israel’ | Exclusive Overview by Liran Barak in the ‘Thomson Reuters – Practical Law 2019 Guide’
- ‘Will Israeli Poker Players Soon Have Their Day at the Table’? | Liran Barak Discusses the Possible Paradigm Shift in Poker’s Regulatory Standing
- Ranked in Gaming & Gambling (Global-Wide) (Chambers Global 2022).
- Recommended in Gaming 2021 by WWL.