Yuval Navot (DR.)
Dr. Yuval Navot is a tax partner, who leads our firm’s corporate tax group, with more than 20 years of experience.
Yuval focuses his practice on international tax planning and corporate tax matters serving both corporate and individual clients. Throughout his career, Yuval has been the principal tax lawyer on many of Israel’s largest M&A transactions. He also has a great deal of experience in complex tax audits, rulings and tax litigation.
Yuval is ranked among the top tax lawyers in Israel by independent guides such as Chambers Global, Legal 500, ITR World Tax, WhoseWhoLegal and the Client’s Choice Award.
Yuval co-heads the tax committee of the Tel Aviv Branch of the Israel Bar Association. He is an adjunct professor at Tel Aviv University where he teaches a course on corporate tax, and is widely published on tax matters.
Prior to joining Herzog Fox & Neeman, Yuval spent five years as a tax lawyer in the New York office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen and Hamilton LLP, and previously served for several years as an attorney at the Office of Chief Counsel of the Israel Tax Authority.
Yuval earned his Ph.D in Law from Tel Aviv University School of Law, an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law, where he was awarded the Harry J. Rudick Memorial Award for Distinction, and has an LL.B. and a B.A. in Accounting (magna cum laude), from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He is a member of both the Israel and New York Bars.
”Not only is he very knowledgeable and commercial, but he also has the right approach towards his clients. Specifically, I was very impressed by his thorough analysis”.
Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen and Hamilton LLP, 2005-2010, Associate
- Israel Tax Authority, Office of Chief Counsel, 2001-2003, Attorney
- Israel Bar Association, 2001
- New York, 2005
- Tel Aviv University School of Law, Israel, Ph.D., 2022
- New York University School of Law, USA, LL.M, (Harry J. Rudick Memorial Award), 2004
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, LL.B. and B.A (Accounting) (magna cum laude), 2000
• Yuval Navot, Israel’s New Policy on Stock-Based Compensation Recharge Agreements, 101 TAX NOTES INT’L 21 (2021).
• Yuval Navot & Tamara Tapoohi Waldman, Israel’s Proposed VAT for Foreign Digital Service Providers, 82 TAX NOTES INT’L 65 (2016).
• Yuval Navot, Including Stock-Based Compensation In Israeli Cost-Plus Arrangements, 81 TAX NOTES INT’L 361 (2016).
• Yuval Navot, Israel Provides Tax Relief for Trapped Earnings, 68 TAX NOTES INT’L 792 (2012).
• Yuval Navot, Special Report: Taxation of Employee Stock Options Under Tax Treaties, 57 TAX NOTES INT’L 599 (2010).
- Legislation Updates: TP Study Requirements, Master File and CbCR
- New proposed legislation – Israel vat law for foreign digital services
- Herzog represented WeWork in the transaction to transfer all of its assets and operations in Israel to AMPA group
- Our Client WeWork has changed its operating model in Israel to a franchise
- The SPAC Attack and the Israeli Market
- EQT Private Equity Is Coming to Israel
- More Interest on the Taxation of Carried Interest
- “We are finally doing business with the Arab world”
- We are proud to take part in writing the Israeli Tax Law chapter for the prestigious The Legal 500 (Legalease) guide.
- Partner Yuval Navot explained to Mako all about the economic benefits of The peace agreements
- Proud To Take Part in the Chambers Tax Controversy Guide 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Microsoft
- Cancellation of Debt, Bad Debts, Bond Buy-Back and Debt Restructuring
- A New Tax Circular by the Israel Tax Authority Regarding the Burden of Proof in Transfer Pricing Audits
- New ITA Ruling: Tax Benefits for Online Gaming Companies
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented SBTech, Provider of Online Sports Betting and Gaming Platforms, in a 3-way Business Combination Transaction
- Israel Corporate Tax
- Herzog Fox Neeman – represents Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and BNP Paribas in a $2.1 billion International Notes Offering for Teva
- New OECD Proposal for Taxing Digital Economy – The Israeli Tax Angle
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Jefferies LLC in its Historic IPO
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Advises Mellanox Technologies in Acquisition by NVIDIA
- Chambers 2019 | Herzog Fox & Neeman Ranked Band-1 in 8 Practice Areas!
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Advises Linse Capital Through Investment in Valens
- Starhome Mach Snapped Up By Vista Equity Partners
- New ITA Circulars Dealing with the Taxation of Private Equity and VC Funds, their Investors and Fund Managers
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Acted as Israeli Counsel for a Consortium of Banks in a 4.5 Billion Debt Offering by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Meir Linzen, Yuval Navot, and Dr. Ehab Farah Contribute to the Legal 500: 2nd Edition Tax Country Comparative Guide
- Israel’s New Deemed Distribution Rules – a Trap For the Unwary Multinational Taxpayer | Article
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Assisted WeWork in Its Acquisition of Unomy Ltd.
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented Aspire Global in Its Initial Public Offering and Listing of Its Shares on Nasdaq First North
- Microsoft Signs to Purchase Cloudyn
- Herzog Fox Neeman is ranked in all 24 practice areas by The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2021
- Herzog is the ITR European Awards 2020 Winner – Israel Tax Firm of the Year
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2020
- Herzog Named 2019 Israeli Firm of the Year in Taxation by the ITR
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2019
- Four of Our Partners Won Client Choice Awards 2019 by Lexology
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2017
- Leading Individual in Tax (The Legal 500 2022).
- Ranked in Tax (Chambers Global 2022).
- Recommended in Corporate Tax - Advisory 2021 (WWL 2021).
- Leading Individual in Tax (The Legal 500 2021).
- Ranked in Tax (Chambers Global 2021).
- Ranked in Tax (Chambers Global 2020).
- Winner of Client Choice Awards 2019 (Lexology).