Telecoms, Media & Entertainment
The Telecoms, Media & Entertainment Law Department has unrivalled experience working with all players in the industry, and among the department’s clients are leading domestic and international telecommunications and media companies, including: multi-channel television operators, internet service providers, fixed and mobile telephony operators, commercial radio and television broadcasters, international telephony operators and content service providers.
The Telecoms, Media & Entertainment Law Department advises in the following areas:
- Counselling from the initial stages of tenders to the regulation and operation of telecom providers, including advising on the complex regulations governing the licensing and operation of telecom services and equipment;
- Representing clients before regulatory agencies regarding telecoms privatisations, market liberalisation processes, market competition developments and ensuing Ministerial policies;
- Representing clients in administrative petitions to the Supreme Court;
- Day-to-day compliance and enforcement issues including regulations, cross-ownership rules, licensing, customs, taxation, zoning and environmental issues;
- Mergers & acquisitions and transfers of means of control in telecom and media licensees;
- Representation of clients in both domestic and international commercial transactions.
The Telecoms, Media & Entertainment Law Department is intimately involved with legislative and policy proceedings and represents its numerous clients in discussions of parliamentary committees and government ministries and has vast experience in preparing responses to governmental RFI’s on official white papers.
Telecoms, Media & Entertainment News & Insights
Adtech & Media Compliance, Artificial Intelligence Law, Cryptocurrency, Cyber, Fintech, Gaming, Insurance Tech, Internet & E-commerce, Technology & Regulation