Esther Sternbach, one of Israel’s leading telecommunications and media attorneys, specialising in telecommunications and media regulation, licencing and competition. Her vast experience includes practice both as a regulator and as counsel representing clients vis-à-vis the regulator.
Esther represents Israel’s leading telecommunications and media companies, including multi-channel television operators, internet service providers, fixed and mobile telephony operators, commercial broadcasters, international telephony operators and content service providers.
Over the past two decades, Esther has been closely involved in the major legal and structural changes relating to the opening of the Israeli telecommunications and media markets to competition.
Prior to joining Herzog Fox & Neeman in 2006, Esther served as General Counsel for Bezeq and the Postal Authority, as well as the Deputy General Counsel for the Ministry of Communications. She has taught Communications and Telecommunications Law at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Esther holds an LL.B from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and studied Internet and Information Technologies at Harvard Business School.
Member of the Tender Committee of the Civil Service Commission for the appointment of the General Counsel to Government Ministries.
- Member of the public committee appointed by the Minister of Communications to advise on structural changes in the Postal Bank and its legal status as part of the Postal Authority.
- Member of the Inter-Ministerial Committee on the set-up of a National Communications Authority.
- Israel Bar Association, 1978
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, LL.B
- Harvard Business School, Intensive Course on Legal Aspects of the Internet
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2020
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2019
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2019
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2018
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2017
- Ranked as Recommended in the Data - Telecoms & Media 2020 category by Who's Who Legal.