Antitrust & Competition
Herzog's Antitrust & Competition department is widely recognised for its international capabilities, service orientation, creativity and pro-business attitude.
Our attorneys have many years of experience and knowledge in the field, advising prominent domestic and international companies on all types of antitrust and competition issues in Israel. We are involved in some of the highest-profile, complex and cutting-edge cases, working on both stand-alone antitrust and competition law issues as well as Israeli aspects of the largest merger transactions worldwide.
As part of our work, our team works closely with the Israeli Competition Authority ("ICA"), the Competition Tribunal and the courts. With the majority of our department's attorneys having worked at the ICA, we have a deep understanding and familiarity with the ICA's inner workings, perceptions and internal proceedings. This enables us to discuss issues and negotiate with the ICA in a manner they will understand and appreciate and bring maximum benefit to our clients.
Our team has the ability to offer our clients 'out-of-the-box' solutions, tailored for their commercial needs, and when needed, to assist them in regulatory or court proceedings.
Our team represented in the Israeli merger control aspects of some of the most prominent mega-merger deals of recent years, including the Disney-Fox merger, the ChemChina-Syngenta transaction and more recently the Alstom-Bombardier transaction.
Key activities include:
- Representing clients before the ICA in a wide range of competition issues (including merger control, monopoly and dominant position issues, cartels and restraints of trade) with special experience in representing large entities in administrative fines cases.
- Appearing before the Israeli Competition Tribunal and Supreme Court in appeal proceedings under the Economic Competition Law.
- Representing clients in civil lawsuits involving competition issues, including antitrust class actions and especially international cartels class action cases.
- Consulting during all stages of criminal proceedings under the Economic Competition Law.
- Day-to-day advice including legal opinions regarding all competition law issues.
- Formulating and implementing internal antitrust and competition compliance programs within large entities (and small ones).
- Advising on all aspects of other competition legislation such as the Law to Promote Competition in the Food Sector and the Law to Promote Competition and Reduce Concentration.
- Representing clients with various authorities (e.g. Tender Committees, Trade Levies) when competition issues arise.
Antitrust & Competition News & Insights
We will be glad to assist you. Please fill in the following form
* required field