Iris is a partner in Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Antitrust & Competition Department. She advises large entities, and multinationals in particular, on all aspects of Antitrust and Competition Law including complex mergers, restrictive arrangements, monopolies, the Food Law and Concentration Law, as well as compliance and the day-to-day conduct of companies with high exposure to antitrust and competition laws.
Iris has extensive experience in representing entities before the Israeli Competition Authority and the Competition Tribunal. Iris has handled various procedures such as administrative fines, declarations of breach, monopoly proclamations, exemption requests and pre-rulings; in a variety of sectors including hi-tech and telecom, bio and pharma, finance, transportation, energy, infrastructures, agriculture, food and retail.
Iris was employed with the Israeli Competition Authority for over 10 years, where she served as head of the legal department’s merger section and was, inter alia, in charge of the food and retail sectors. Prior to that, Iris served as a member of the criminal litigation team of the Israeli Antitrust Authority, handling prominent cases such as the Liquefied Petroleum Gas and flooring cartels.
Iris later worked at Tadmor and Co. as part of their Antitrust team, and advised prominent Israeli and international companies in multiple sectors and matters.
Iris also has experience as Director of Regulation in Israel for a multinational telecom company.
- Israel Bar Association, 2001
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, LLB (magna cum laude), 2000
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, BA (East-Asian Studies), (magna cum laude), 2000
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, LLM (cum laude), 2005
Iris handled Israeli merger control for both parties of the Disney-21st Century Fox transaction. She also represented ChemChina in Israeli merger control aspects of its acquisition of Syngenta.
- Herzog represented WeWork in the transaction to transfer all of its assets and operations in Israel to AMPA group
- Our Client WeWork has changed its operating model in Israel to a franchise
- Congratulations to our client BAE Systems for the sale of its subsidiary BAE Systems Rokar to Elbit Systems.
- An Overview of Merger Control Laws & Regulation Applicable in Israel
- Killer Acquisitions and Exit Strategies
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Advises Mellanox Technologies in Acquisition by NVIDIA
- Chambers 2019 | Herzog Fox & Neeman Ranked Band-1 in 8 Practice Areas!
- Client Update | Antitrust and Competition | 2017 Summary
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Pleased to Announce the Appointment of 15 New Partners | 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Talya Solomon and Iris Achmon Author an Article for the Journal of European Competition Law and Practice
- Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Talya Solomon and Iris Achmon Contribute to the Global Competition Review for Private Litigation 2017
- Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Talya Solomon and Iris Achmon Contribute to The In-House Lawyer’s Comparative Guide
- Ranked as Future Leader in the Competition 2021 category by Who's Who Legal.
- Ranked in Competition & Antitrust (Chambers Global 2021).
- Ranked as Future Leader in the Competition 2020 category by Who's Who Legal.
- Ranked in Competition & Antitrust (Chambers Global 2020).
- Ranked as Future Leader in the Competition 2019 category by Who's Who Legal.