Karen Elburgs heads the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice. Karen has extensive experience in the contentious and non-contentious aspects of intellectual property, including advising on strategic and day-to-day aspects of trademark portfolios and the trademark/domain-name interface, and managing world-wide trademark portfolios for her clients.
Karen advises on the acquisition, disposal, protection and exploitation of IP rights, as well as trade mark clearance, all aspects of brand protection and trade mark & domain-name disputes, with a unique specialty in IP issues in the online gaming industry. Karen specialises in negotiating and drafting all types of IP transactions (including patent licensing), with extensive experience in the IP aspects of corporate and commercial transactions. Her work focuses on transactional IP and on licensing, development, technology transfer and other commercial agreements for clients ranging from start-ups to multi-national corporations, in a broad range of industries and fields.
Consistently recognised for her excellence as an IP practitioner, these are Karen’s latest rankings: • Client Choice Awards 2019 | Intellectual Property: Trademarks (Israel) • WTR 1000 2019 | Prosecution and Strategy (Israel) • WIPR Leader 2019 | World IP Leader (Israel) • IAM Patent 1000 2018 | Highly Recommended – IP Transactions (Israel) • Chambers & Partners 2018 | Intellectual Property (Israel)
- Israel Bar Association, 1991
- Bar-Ilan University, LLB
- Client Update | WIPO PROOF
- IAM Recognize Partner Karen Elburg As One of Israel’s Globel Leaders
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented SBTech, Provider of Online Sports Betting and Gaming Platforms, in a 3-way Business Combination Transaction
- Partner Karen Elburg Has Been Elected To The Board of The Israel Internet Association
- Client Update | Eligibility for .EU Domain Names Following Brexit
- Client Update | Intellectual Property | Trademarks and Patents: Amendments to Registering Licenses and Charges
- Client Update | Intellectual Property Copyright Law (Amendment No. 5), 2019
- Karen Elburg Discusses Trade Secrets at the 2018 AIPPI-Israel Conference
- Globalising Your Branding Strategy | Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Intellectual Property Event | 12.3.18
- IAM Patent 2020 Rankings
- Karen Elburg is Recognised as a Global Leader by IAM for 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked in All Three Categories by WTR 1000 in 2020
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2020
- IAM Patent 2019 Rankings
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2019
- World Trademark Review (WTR) 2019 Ranking
- World Trademark Review (WTR) 2018 Ranking
- IAM Patent 1000 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Ranked in IP Stars for 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2017
- Ranked as a Global Leader in the IAM Global Leaders Guide 2021
- Ranked as Trade mark star, Transactions star and Top 250 Women in IP by IP Stars (2020).
- Ranked as Recommended in the Data - Information Technology 2020 category by Who's Who Legal.
- Ranked as a Global Leader in the IAM Global Leaders Guide 2020
- Ranked as Trade mark star, Copyright star and Top 250 Women in IP by IP Stars (2019).
- Winner of Client Choice Awards 2019 by Lexology.
- Crowned WIPR 2019 leader by The World Intellectual Property Review.
- Ranked by Client Choice in Intellectual Property: Trademarks for 2018.