Iris Weinberger is a partner in Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Tax Department. She joined Herzog Fox & Neeman to head the VAT Practice and the Indirect Taxes, Customs & International Trade Practice.
Iris is an expert in VAT and customs with over 21 years of experience in the field, most recently serving as the Senior Deputy General Counsel at the Israeli Tax Authority.
In this role, Iris managed the Authority’s legal counsel on all matters concerning VAT, customs, purchase tax and excise duty, import and export customs procedures, collection and enforcement, seizures and forfeitures and more. Iris led reforms in VAT and import/export procedures, legislation and oversaw all legal counsel.
Iris took part in determining the interpretation provisions, taxation decisions and positions of the Israel Tax Authority as presented in court, and provided legal advice to the management of the Tax Authority and various other departments, including the VAT and Customs Departments.
Israel Tax Authority, 1996-2016, Senior Deputy Attorney General
- Israel Bar Association, 1995
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, LLM (cum laude), 1998
- Bar-Ilan University, Israel, LL.B, 1994
- ITA published a new mandatory reportable tax position for import taxes: value of software imported with goods
- Zero-rate VAT with respect to the provisions of services
- Court Recognizes Conditional Discounts for the Purpose of Customs and Purchase Tax Valuation
- Client Update | Tax | Customs News
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents FedEx in Acquisition of Flying Cargo’s International Express
- Client Update | Importer’s Obligation to Complete an Electronic Affidavit for Each Supplier: Significance and Implications
- Class Action on Indirect Taxes – State Exposed and Cornered | Opinion by Iris Weinberger
- Highly Regarded in Indirect Tax and Women in Tax (ITR World Tax, 2021).
- Highly Regarded in Indirect Tax and Women in Tax (ITR World Tax, 2020).