Ehab Farah (DR.)
Dr. Ehab Farah is a partner in the firm’s Tax Department focusing on general corporate tax matters, including international tax planning, tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions and transactions involving hedge and private equity funds.
Prior to joining Herzog Fox & Neeman, Ehab practiced for five years at two New York law firms, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP and Arnold & Porter LLP, focusing on tax and corporate law, and prior to that, he managed his own practice in Israel for 10 years. In recent years, Ehab has been involved in Israel’s most significant M&A transactions serving clients such as Mellanox Technologies in its sale to NVIDIA for $6.9 billion; Checkmarx and its founders in its acquisition by a US private equity firm in a $1.15 billion cash and stock-rollover deal, Bank Leumi in an international debt offering of $750 million, PepsiCo Inc. in its $3.4 billion acquisition of SodaStream; and Aristocrat Leisure in its acquisition of Plarium for an initial consideration of $500 million.
Ehab teaches tax law at Haifa University Faculty of Law and has published several articles.
Ehab graduated from the LL.M. and S.J.D programs at the University of Michigan Law School where he was a recipient of the Michigan Law School Grotius Fellowship and a member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. He received his LL.M magna cum laude from the Hebrew University Faculty of Law and his LL.B. from Haifa University Faculty of Law.
Ehab is fluent in Arabic, English and Hebrew.
- Israel Bar Association, 1996
- New York Bar Association, 2009
- •Haifa University, LLB, 1995
- •Hebrew University of Jerusalem, LLM (magna cum laude), 2001
- •University of Michigan Law School, LLM, 2007
- •University of Michigan Law School, SJD, 2009
- Leaderim have signed an agreement for the sale of its business to the Willis Watson Tower group
- Our client Neogames, has completed a $145 million secondary offering on Nasdaq
- Congratulations to our client, EJF Acquisition Corp., on the largest Israeli SPAC transaction to date!
- Congratulations to our client Embracer Group, on their acquisition of CrazyLabs
- Herzog represented Pharm Yarok, Rosen High Way, and HW Shinua in their sale to IMC
- Herzog represented WeWork in the transaction to transfer all of its assets and operations in Israel to AMPA group
- Our Client WeWork has changed its operating model in Israel to a franchise
- Congratulations to our Japanese client SUNCORPORATION for the transaction of its Israeli subsidiary Cellebrite
- Congratulations to our client BAE Systems for the sale of its subsidiary BAE Systems Rokar to Elbit Systems.
- We Represented the AMI Fund in the Sale of ZAP Group
- More Interest on the Taxation of Carried Interest
- Our client Unity recently acquired RestAR
- We are proud to take part in writing the Israeli Tax Law chapter for the prestigious The Legal 500 (Legalease) guide.
- Partner Ehab Farah Talks about Opportunities in the U.A.E. and Bahrain with the New York Times
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Microsoft
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represented SBTech, Provider of Online Sports Betting and Gaming Platforms, in a 3-way Business Combination Transaction
- Herzog Fox Neeman – represents Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and BNP Paribas in a $2.1 billion International Notes Offering for Teva
- New OECD Proposal for Taxing Digital Economy – The Israeli Tax Angle
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Jefferies LLC in its Historic IPO
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents FedEx in Acquisition of Flying Cargo’s International Express
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents AI Startup Dynamic Yield
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Advises Mellanox Technologies in Acquisition by NVIDIA
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Advises Linse Capital Through Investment in Valens
- Starhome Mach Snapped Up By Vista Equity Partners
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Tapingo in Sale to Grubhub
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents PepsiCo in SodaStream Acquisition
- New ITA Circulars Dealing with the Taxation of Private Equity and VC Funds, their Investors and Fund Managers
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Acted as Israeli Counsel for a Consortium of Banks in a 4.5 Billion Debt Offering by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Pleased to Announce the Appointment of 15 New Partners | 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman’s Meir Linzen, Yuval Navot, and Dr. Ehab Farah Contribute to the Legal 500: 2nd Edition Tax Country Comparative Guide
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Assisted WeWork in Its Acquisition of Unomy Ltd.
- Microsoft Signs to Purchase Cloudyn