Adar Bengom (Ortal)
Adar Bengom (Ortal) is a partner in Herzog Fox & Neeman’s IP Practice, where she focuses primarily on intellectual property transactions, licensing, contentious matters and client counselling. This includes leading intellectual property due diligence in various cross-border transactions such as mergers, asset acquisitions and investments and drafting and negotiating all intellectual property documents relating thereto; drafting and negotiating complex license, research, development and other commercial agreements in various fields including high-tech, pharma, e-commerce, IT, finance and online marketing; drafting legal opinions involving unique copyright, trade secrets, database rights and trademark issues; managing trademark, patent and breeders rights portfolios of clients; and providing contentious legal advice on copyrights, trademarks, breeders’ rights, domain names, trade secrets, computer law and other intellectual property-related topics.
Prior to joining Herzog Fox & Neeman IP Practice, Adar worked in Davis Polk & Wardwell where she handled all intellectual property aspects of various transactions including asset acquisitions, joint ventures, mergers as well as IPOs
Adar is the author or co-author of several publications including a chapter in one of the leading books in Israel on the new Copyright Law (together with Dr. Neil J. Wilkof): : “Creating Rights: Readings in Copyright Law” (Michael Birnhack, Guy Pessach, eds., 2009).
Adar has an LL.M degree from Duke University School of Law and she is a member of the Israeli Bar Associations and the New York State Bar Association.
Davis Polk & Wardwell, Foreign Associate, 2011-2012
- Israel Bar Association, 2009
- New York, 2012
- Duke University, USA, LL.M
- Tel Aviv University, Israel, LL.B (magna cum laude)
- Important Client Update –Royalty Payments for Patents after their Term has Expired
- Leading the way in AgTech
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents Microsoft
- Herzog Fox Neeman Represents the Marketing Influencers’ agency “Leaders”
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents FedEx in Acquisition of Flying Cargo’s International Express
- WLG Cannabis Legalisation Webinars
- Starhome Mach Snapped Up By Vista Equity Partners
- Karen Elburg Discusses Trade Secrets at the 2018 AIPPI-Israel Conference
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Pleased to Announce the Appointment of 15 New Partners | 2018
- Japanese Giant “SocioNext” invests US$5 million in Israeli Start-Up, “XVtec”
- Publications by Adar Bengom (Ortal)
- Ranked in Transactions (WTR1000 2021)
- Ranked in Transactions (WTR1000 2020)