Irit has unparalleled experience on all domestic and cross-border financing, regulatory and compliance issues arising in the Israeli banking and finance sector.
Irit has worked in the banking and finance sector since 1995. After qualifying as a lawyer, Irit worked in the legal department of First International Bank of Israel, and then for over 11 years as General Counsel for Citigroup in Israel. In this role, Irit was involved in establishing the Citibank branch in Israel and in developing Citi’s operations in Israel. Irit subsequently joined our firm as a partner, where she worked for six years, before joining Bank Leumi (one of Israel’s two major banks) as General Counsel.
Irit focuses her practice on banking, financial regulation and finance, covering financial services regulation and transactional matters, including corporate finance, derivatives, financial instruments, anti-money laundering and compliance as well as a number of legislative initiatives.
General counsel - Bank Leumi
Partner Herzog Fox & Neeman Banking and Finance department
Legal counsel and compliance director - Citigroup
- Israeli Bar Association, 1994
- Tel Aviv University, LLB, 1993
- Publication of the Regulation of Payment Services Memorandum of Law, 2022 for public comments
- Draft Regulations for the Supervision of Financial Services published for public comments
- Congratulations to our client, EJF Acquisition Corp., on the largest Israeli SPAC transaction to date!
- Our client 888 Holdings has acquired William Hill International
- Promotion of Open Banking and regulation of payment services in Israel in the government’s Economic Plan
- Amendment to the Anti-Money Laundering Order – Application to Financial Asset Service Providers and Updating Credit Service Providers Obligations
- New Amendment to the Israeli Insolvency Law
- Provision of brokerage services by UK firms to clients in Israel post Brexit
- Extension of the Regulations regarding Exemption From Licensing requirements for the Provision of Credit and Financial Asset Services
- Bank of Israel Circular on banking transactions with the UAE
- Proposal To Expand Sources Of Funding For Non-Bank Lending Corporations
- Irit Roth returns to Herzog Fox & Neeman
- Recommended Lawyer in Banking & Finance (The Legal 500 2022).
- Ranked in Banking & Finance: Regulatory (Chambers Global 2022).