Daniel Reisner joined Herzog Fox & Neeman in 2008 as the firm’s Public International Law, Defence and Homeland Security partner.
Daniel is widely-recognized as one of Israel’s leading Public International Law experts, a result of his 19-year career in government in this field, 10 years of which (1995-2004) he served as Head of the Israel Defence Force’s International Law Department. In this capacity, Daniel was the senior lawyer responsible for advising the Israeli leadership on a wide variety of international-law related issues.
In addition to the above, from 1994 onwards, Daniel served as a senior member of Israel’s peace delegations with both Jordan and the Palestinians, working in the triple role of negotiator, legal advisor and drafter. In this capacity, he advised Prime Ministers Rabin, Peres, Netanyahu, Barak and Sharon, and participated in all of the negotiation sessions and summits, including those in Amman, Wye River, Camp David and Taba.
Following his retirement from government service, Daniel opened his own law firm, focusing on representing international clients (both private and governmental) in two specialist fields: commercial and regulatory aspects of large-scale Defence and Homeland Security projects; and (more uniquely) a diverse range of public international law issues. In 2008, Daniel’s firm merged into Herzog .
As a result of his diverse background, and in addition to his Public International Law expertise, Daniel is today also viewed as a leading authority on Israeli defence and other regulatory regimes, specializing in advising and representing private clients in their relations with the Israel Ministry of Defence and other regulatory bodies.
Parallel to his professional career, Daniel has also pursued an active academic career. He teaches in three of Israel’s leading academic institutions, has published articles on a variety of issues and is a highly sought-after lecturer and panelist, both in Israel and abroad.
Concurrently, he continues to advise the senior members of the Israeli government on a variety of issues relating to the Middle East peace process and security issues.
Member of the Israel Bar Association International Law Committee.
- Israel Bar Association, 1987
- Tel Aviv University, Israel, LL.B, 1985
- Congratulations to our client BAE Systems for the sale of its subsidiary BAE Systems Rokar to Elbit Systems.
- Fighting for the Truth -An Insiders Discussion with Lawyers at the Legal Frontlines for Israel
- The Dubai Advantage- Technology Sector Opportunities in Dubai
- Investing In… Israel 2021 | Exclusive Overview by Aviram Hazak and Daniel Reisner
- The Impact of the 2020 U.S. Elections on Israeli Businesses
- Bank of Israel Circular on banking transactions with the UAE
- U.S.-Israel-China Relations | A Complicated Triangle | Live Webinar
- 16.07.2019 | The Annual Conference of Herzog Fox & Neeman’s International Law, Defense and Homeland Security Department
- 11.03.19 | Recent Trends in US/UK/Israel White Collar Crime and Securities Investigations
- Herzog Fox & Neeman, ACC Israel, and Israel-America Chamber of Commerce | Doing Business in the Palestinian Authority
- Global Elite Thought Leader in Trade & Customs - International Sanctions 2021 (Who's Who Legal)
- Recommended in Trade & Customs 2020 and in Trade & Customs - International Sanctions 2020 (Who's Who Legal)
- Global Elite Thought Leader in Trade & Customs - International Sanctions 2019 (Who's Who Legal)