Maayan Hammer-Tzeelon is a partner in the firm’s Labour and Employment Law practice. Maayan advises local and international clients on a wide range of labour and employment law matters. Maayan was presented with the 2018 Client Choice award, which recognises law firm partners around the world that stand apart for the exceptional client care they provide and the quality of their service.
Areas of advice include:
- Ongoing advice with respect to all aspects of employment relations, including: employee recruitment, employment terms and conditions, compensation and retirement packages, HR policies, the prevention of sexual harassment, equal opportunities in the workplace, adaptation of international documents to Israeli law, and termination of employment;
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, including: employment agreements, separation agreements, various compensation packages, confidentiality and non-competition agreements, and consultancy agreements;
- Advising, providing legal opinions and representing clients in proceedings in which public entities undergoing structural and organization changes, with respect to various scenarios that arise in relation to employee rights;
- Advising on international transactions, mergers and acquisitions, organizational changes and privatizations, including, conducting due diligence, assessing legal risks, drafting employment-related provisions for all transaction documents, advising on aspects relating to the change of employers, and preparation of new employment agreements which include special retention packages for employees upon completion of the transaction;
- Advising on all aspects of the legal requirements and customs in Israel in relation to employee relocation from Israel to abroad and vice versa;
- Providing legal opinions to international clients, including leading international law firms, on the Israeli legal aspects of different employment-related procedures conducted on a world-wide basis;
- Advising employers whose labor relations are governed by collective bargaining agreements in relation to all of the implications of engaging in collective employment relationships, including: assistance and guidance in negotiating, drafting and interpreting collective bargaining agreements, collective arrangements and internal policies;
- Representing clients in different litigation proceedings in all courts, including with respect to individual litigation, collective employment disputes, social security matters, as well as arbitration and mediation proceedings.
- Israel Bar Association, 2007
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, LL.B and BA (Business Administration) (cum laude), 2006
- Ranked in Labour & Employment (Chambers Global 2021).
- Ranked in Labour & Employment (Chambers Global 2020).
- Ranked by Client Choice in Employment and Benefits for 2018.