Haya Ehrman is a partner in the firm’s labour and employment law practice group. Haya advises local and international clients on a wide range of labour and employment law matters, and employee benefits and executive compensation.
Areas of advice include:
- Ongoing advice with respect to all aspects of employment relations, including: employee recruitment, employment terms and conditions, compensation and retirement packages, HR policies, the prevention of sexual harassment, equal opportunities in the workplace, adaptation of international documents to Israeli law, and employment termination;
- Advising employers whose labor relations are governed by collective bargaining agreements in relation to all of the implications of engaging in collective employment relationships, including: assistance and guidance in negotiating, drafting and interpreting collective bargaining agreements;
- Advising in respect of the recovery process, privatization, reorganization and downsizing, both in the private and public sectors, including crisis management, labour disputes, strikes, and negotiations with employee representatives.
- Assistance in negotiating and drafting agreements, including: executive employment agreements, separation agreements, various compensation packages, confidentiality and non-competition agreements, and consultancy agreements;
- Advising in the area of pension plans and social security, including the representation of pension funds, both old and new, concerning a variety of litigation proceedings, and accompanying in regard to the process of establishing a centralized provident fund allowance.
- Advising on aspects of labour law in government tenders in the field of social security, and working with governmental bodies, such as the Wages Director at the Treasury, the State Comptroller and so forth.
- Advising in international transactions, mergers and acquisitions, organizational changes and privatisations, including, conducting due diligence, assessing legal risks, drafting employment-related provisions for all transaction documents, advising on aspects relating to the change of employers, and preparation of new employment agreements which include special retention packages for employees upon completion of the transaction;
- Providing legal opinions to international clients, including leading international law firms, on the Israeli legal aspects of different employment-related procedures conducted on a worldwide basis.
- Representing clients in different litigation proceedings in all courts, including with respect to individual litigation, collective employment disputes, social security matters, as well as arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Partner at Law Offices of M. Passy and Associates, 1998-2008, a boutique firm which specializes in labour law and employment relations.
- Internship at Law Offices of Gilat-Knoller and Associates, in the field of employment and commercial law, 1996-1997
- Pre-Internship in Judge Edna Beckenstein's office in the Tel-Aviv District Court; drafted legal opinions in white collar criminal case, 1995-1996
- Israel Bar Association, 1997
- Bar Ilan University, Israel, LL.B, 1996