Guy Katz has 20 years of experience as a tax lawyer and accountant. He specialises in advising multinational companies on their activities in Israel. Over recent years, Guy has handled hundreds of cases including negotiations with the tax authorities as well as tax planning in respect of assets valued at billions of dollars and significant M&A transactions. The disputes with the ITA were highly complex cases involving criminal aspects, revolutionary issues of international taxation such as Hybrid Entities, management and control as well as the existence of permanent establishment in Israel. In the last year Guy advised Pepsi Inc. with respect to its purchase of Sodastream Ltd. for $3.2 billion, and Oaktree with respect to its sale of its holdings in Veridis for more than NIS1 billion.
Guy graduated first in his class in the tax program of New York University as well as in his BA studies at Tel Aviv University. He has lectured for the last 20 years at Tel Aviv University and the College of Management. He also served as the Israeli correspondent of Tax Notes International and IBFD, and was a member of the team responsible for preparing the CPA taxation exams in Israel. On behalf of the Israeli Bar Association, Guy recently participated in negotiations with the ITA regarding required changes in the taxation of trusts as well as the tax authority circular with respect to reportable transactions and Section 77 of the Tax Code.
Extensive experience in advising clients on trusts and estates
He has a really strong grasp of Israeli tax law and the ability to anticipate any issues that may arise
KPMG, Israel, Tax department, (1999 -2002), Associate
- Tel Aviv University Accounting Department, (1999-), Lecturer in Taxation at and member of the academic staff
- Israeli Management College, (2000-2004), Teaching assistant on taxation in the Accounting and Law departments
- Member of the team responsible for preparing the taxation exams for the CPA license in Israel (2002-)
- Israeli correspondent of Tax Notes International (2006-)
- Israel Bar Association, 2003
- New York University, USA, LL.M (Taxation)
- Tel Aviv University, Israel LL.B (magna cum laude )
- Tel Aviv University, Israel, BA (Accounting) (summa cum Laude)
- Cancellation of Debt, Bad Debts, Bond Buy-Back and Debt Restructuring
- A New Tax Circular by the Israel Tax Authority Regarding the Burden of Proof in Transfer Pricing Audits
- Ratification of the New Tax Treaty between Israel and Australia
- New OECD Proposal for Taxing Digital Economy – The Israeli Tax Angle
- Client Update | New Significant District Court Ruling
- Chambers 2019 | Herzog Fox & Neeman Ranked Band-1 in 8 Practice Areas!
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents PepsiCo in SodaStream Acquisition
- Chambers Tax Guide 2018 | Law & Practice Chapter by Meir Linzen and Guy Katz
- A New Tax Reform in Israel
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked Band 1 in Chambers High Net Worth 2020 Guide
- Herzog is the ITR European Awards 2020 Winner – Israel Tax Firm of the Year
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked Band 1 in Chambers High Net Worth 2019 Guide
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2019
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked Band 1 in Chambers High Net Worth 2018 Guide
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2018
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked Band 1 in Chambers High Net Worth 2017 Guide
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is Ranked by Chambers Global for 2017
- Ranked as Recommended in the Private Client 2019 category by Who's Who Legal.