Technology & Regulation #39
26 February 2017
We are pleased to introduce you to our February edition of the Technology & Regulation Client Update, which includes a variety of industry and regulatory developments in the fields of technology compliance, digital advertising, content and information privacy regulations. Amongst other things, you can read about:
- The growing concerns over lack of transparency and poor standardization in the media buy industry, which have resulted in a broad review of agency contracts;
- The recent updates to Facebook’s ads policies, enforcing its prohibition against discriminatory practices;
- The BBB’s Online Accountability Unit’s action against several companies, which violated the ad privacy rules and the beginning of enforcement of the cross-device guidance by its Online Interest-Based Advertising Accountability Program;
- FTC’s enforcement action concerning the protection of consumer information in the smart televisions field;
- A new court ruling in Canada, which determined that merely purchasing a competitor’s trademark as a keyword is not in itself sufficient to constitute a trademark infringement; and
- The European Securities and Markets Authority’s regulatory report on distributed ledger technology.
In addition, for your convenience and ease of reference, beginning with this Client Update, we have added under each headline the main topics addressed within the respective report.
To read the full update, click here.