Client Update | Antitrust & Competition | Competition Law in Israel – Looking Forward to 2018
16 January 2018
In this update we will summarize the main trends and events in Israeli competition law in 2017 and the changes and trends expected in 2018.
- The Israeli Antitrust Commissioner stated that the Israeli Antitrust Authority will study the activity of technology giants, such as Google and Facebook, and may confront them for the first time.
- The Israeli Antitrust Authority continues to promote a major reform in competition law, with changes both to the Restrictive Trade Practices Law, 1988, and to the block exemptions.
- The IAA is working on a new block exemption for joint financing, after over 15 years of regulating joint financing by way of no-action letters.
- Strong criminal and administrative enforcement. This trend has been somewhat tempered by the Israeli Supreme Court, which mitigated the sentences in two criminal cases brought before it.
- Multiple research reports on various markets – mostly ones which directly affect consumers.
- Policy documents on several subjects including excessive pricing by monopolies and resale price maintenance.
To read the full client update – click here.