Liat Shaked-Katz is a partner in the firm’s Labour and Employment Law practice with more than 20 years of hands-on experience.
In addition to her vast knowledge of Employment Law, Liat – who began her career as a lawyer in the field of Commercial Law – has a wide range of knowledge in various legal areas, as well as an in-depth knowledge of, and insight into, the Israeli employment market. This essential and broad legal and commercial understanding enables Liat to provide clients with advice as well as creative solutions that are tailored to each of their individual circumstances.
Liat has unique expertise working with international clients and international firms, providing Israeli employment law support, with both regular and irregular issues. Liat is known for her in-depth knowledge of the local High tech market supporting all companies from young start-ups to international companies with all employment matters, from their ordinary day to day business to any unique challenges that may arise including M&A transactions, unique benefits plans and implementing efficiency measures .
Additional main areas of expertise:
- Ongoing advice – recruitment, employment terms and conditions, compensation and retirement packages, pension plans, social security, HR policies, prevention of sexual harassment, equal opportunities in the workplace, employment related investigations, relocations, termination of employment and independent contractor engagements.
- International employment projects – coordination of international projects and advising on Israeli aspects of such projects (for example adaptation of international documents to Israeli law).
- Transactions – Throughout the years Liat has represented clients in most of the formidable transactions in Israel, including international transactions, mergers and acquisitions, organizational changes and privatizations, including, due diligence exercises, assessing legal risks, drafting employment-related provisions for all transaction documents, advising on aspects related to changes of employers, and preparation of new employment agreements, special retention packages for employees upon completion of transactions.
- Senior and key employee agreements – Drafting and negotiating agreements with (or for) senior and key employees reflecting their unique terms (upon hiring, transactions or separations).
Liat regularly lectures at conferences and seminars regarding employment law and conducts specific employment trainings to clients, both in Israel and around the world.
Liat has been recognized by Who’s Who Legal, as one of Israel’s few leading practitioners in the field of employment law.
- Israel Bar Association, 1998
- Tel Aviv University, LLB (cum laude), 1997
- Herzog represented WeWork in the transaction to transfer all of its assets and operations in Israel to AMPA group
- Our Client WeWork has changed its operating model in Israel to a franchise
- Our client Unity recently acquired RestAR
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Represents AI Startup Dynamic Yield
- Herzog Fox & Neeman Assisted WeWork in Its Acquisition of Unomy Ltd.
- Ranked as Recommended in the Labour & Employment 2020 category by Who's Who Legal.
- Ranked as Recommended in the Labour & Employment 2019 category by Who's Who Legal.