Client Update | Technology & Regulation
2 August 2018
We are pleased to introduce you to our July edition of the Technology & Regulation Client Update, which includes several notable regulatory and industry compliance developments in the fields of digital advertising, content, data privacy, security and app compliance.
These include the following:
- Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Twitter have introduced an Open Source Platform Promoting Universal Data Portability;
- Recent Developments in US Privacy Legislations;
- Facebook has reversed its blanket-ban on cryptocurrency ads;
- Google Play updated its Developer Program Policies;
- England and Wales Court of Appeal Ruling in favor of Data Subject Access Requests for mixed personal data;
- Google announces a “Measurement Partners” programme to provide advertisement measurement solutions;
- FTC settles with a California company over false privacy shield claims; and
- CRTC fines two companies for aiding in the installation of malicious online advertising
Click here for the full update.