Technology & Regulation #38
31 January 2017
The beginning of 2017 has been marked by a variety of regulatory and compliance developments in technology compliance, digital advertising, big data, content, privacy and information security regulations. In this edition of the Technology & Regulation Client Update, we have concentrated on updating you regarding some of the key developments in these areas, which apply to a number of important regulatory and technological issues. Among these, you can read about the following updates and more:
- Google’s fight against “bad” ads, violating sites and scammers in the past year;
- FTC’s enforcement actions regarding data security practices in the area of Internet of Things and robocall extensive operations;
- First HIPAA enforcement action for untimely reporting of a breach and new cybersecurity guidance for medical devices;
- US Court ruling concerning overseas e-mail seizures;
- FTC’s new best practice guidelines on cross-device tracking;
- NIST’s draft update of the Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity;
- FINRA’s new report on blockchain and potential implications for securities industry; and
- Chinese regulator’s new requirement for registration of app stores.
To read the full update, click here.