Ben Kanter is a member in the firm’s Banking and Finance Department. Ben joined Herzog Fox & Neeman from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, London in September 2014, having spent six years predominantly in the firm’s Corporate Finance team. Ben specialises in banking and finance, restructuring and M&A work across various practice sectors, and regularly represents leading global banks, financial institutions, private equity houses, large international and domestic corporations as well as high-net-worth individuals across a wide range of transactions.
Ben also specialises in the field of aviation financing, transfers and registrations in Israel acting principally for foreign purchasers, lessors and lenders.
Ben’s recent clients include BNP Paribas, Citibank, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ING, JPMorgan, Macquarie Bank, Morgan Stanley Bank Hapoalim, Bank Leumi, Altshuler Shaham, Phoenix Insurance, Israel Electric Company, Sanpower, Mellanox and others. Recent experience includes:
– Advising HSBC Bank plc on its USD 250,000,000 financing of Coca Cola Israel for the joint purchase of Clover Industries, a South African public listed company.
– Advising Cerberus and JPMorgan on the USD 153,000,000 refinancing of ECI Telecom Ltd’s indebtedness.
– Advising Citibank, Goldman Sachs and other leading global banks on various high value margin loans to large Israeli public listed and private companies.
– Advising Goldman Sachs and The Phoenix Insurance company on the acquisition financing provided to TA Associates for the c. ILS 900,000,000 purchase of Priority Software
– Advising Credit Suisse on its USD 40,000,000 Demand Guarantee Facility in connection with the purchase by Venus Medtech of Keystone Heart Ltd.
– Advising KommunalKredit on the EUR denominated working capital facility provided to Solaer.
– Advising Vista Equity Partners on its acquisition of Starhome Mach from Fortissimo and the related USD 105,000,000 acquisition financing provided by, among others, Tennenbaum Capital Partners.
– Advising Sanpower (China) on the ILS 113,000,000 acquisition financing provided by HSBC Bank plc for the acquisition of Natali – Healthcare Solutions, and the subsequent refinancing by Bank Leumi Le-Israel B.M. including for the purpose of Sanpower’s acquisition of A.S. Nursing.
– Advising Banca Comercială Română on its financing of Shapir Romania and ongoing complex standstill arrangements with Shapir Israel.
– Advising Superbet on its working capital facilities with VTB Bank.
– Advising BNP Paribas (USD 116,000,000), UK Export Finance and Citibank (USD 118,000,000) and DVB Bank (USD 114,000,000) on separate financings each for the purpose of the purchase by various SPVs of new Boeing 787 aircraft leased to El Al Israel Airlines Ltd by way of finance lease.
– Advising Apollo, Banc of America, Blackrock, CMB Financial Leasing, Falko, Macquarie, Nordic Aviation Capital and others on various operating leases and aircraft title transfers and registrations.
- England and Wales Bar Association, 2011
- Israel Bar Association,2017
- BPP Law School, England, LPC, 2009
- Kings College London, LLB, 2007
- Herzog Fox Neeman is ranked in all 24 practice areas by The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2021
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked by the IFLR 1000 2021 Guide (30 Edition)
- Herzog Fox Neeman is Ranked by The Legal 500 for 2020
- Herzog Fox & Neeman is ranked Top Tier Firm by IFLR 1000 2020 Guide
- Next Generation in Banking & Finance (The Legal 500 2022).
- Next Generation in Banking & Finance (The Legal 500 2021).
- Highly Regarded (IFLR1000, 2021).
- Next Generation in Banking & Finance (The Legal 500 2020).